What is guided imagery:
- Guided imagery is a relaxation technique which is a common element of a stress management program.
- It is a meditation technique designed to tap into your imagination to create positive sensations that affect your whole body, emotions, and all of your senses.
- The goals of this activity are to produce the body’s natural relaxation response which is characterized by slower breathing, lower blood pressure, and a feeling of increased well-being
- Studies have shown that guided imagery has helped patients with pain management, reduce anxiety symptoms, and enhance sleep
- Activity may be self-directed or led by a practitioner or a recording
Where can I listen to guided imagery:
Click here for guided podcasts produced by Kaiser Permanente